Volunteers are our backbone. Without your hands and feet, homes across Craven County would go unbuilt. Consider giving us a few hours of your time, whether on construction/repair sites or in the ReStore to help change the lives of local families forever. Volunteers help us to fulfill our mission of putting God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope. In 2022, 441 individual volunteers donated roughly 8,800 hours to help keep homes affordable in Craven County. By volunteering with Habitat for Humanity of Craven County, you will be supporting our mission, learning new skills, meeting and networking with new people, all while building up our community.
4 steps to complete before volunteering:
1. COMPLETE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION AND WAIVER
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older to work on the build site, and must be at least 18 years of age to use power tools and to participate in roof work. Minors must have a waiver signed by a legal guardian.
- Volunteer Application
3. SIGN UP FOR VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION
- View the upcoming orientation schedule and register to attend below. The volunteer orientation will provide you with an understanding of our different programs, information on how to get started, and a chance to ask questions. The hour long orientation is required for all new volunteers and is offered multiple times throughout the month.
- Register for your volunteer orientation here: