With your financial support, families can build strength, stability and independence with Habitat for Humanity by building a safe and secure place to call home.
Families who partner with Habitat build their own homes alongside volunteers, pay an affordable mortgage and are grateful for your help.
GEM (Give Every Month) Partners make small, automatic donations every month, which makes it easier for Habitat to plan long-term, budget more efficiently and create more life-changing outcomes. You choose how much to give and for how long, and you can change your amount or cancel at any time.
If you’d like to make a donation to Habitat by check, please make your check out to "Habitat for Humanity of Craven County" and mail it to our administrative office:
Habitat for Humanity of Craven County
321 Fleet Street
New Bern, NC 28562
Honor your family, friends and loved ones by making a “Gift from the Heart” donation to Habitat for Humanity.
Your generous, tax-deductible gift will help families in need of a safe, affordable place to call home and will help them build strength and stability in their own lives. This kind of gift is priceless to families in need of decent homes and will continue to have a positive impact in their lives for years to come.
When you make a Habitat for Humanity Gift from the Heart donation, your loved one will receive a beautiful card sent by email or by postal mail letting them know about the gift in their name.
Check back soon to see our sponsorship package!
Donations of building materials, furniture, housewares, appliances, cars, boats and more can be made to our ReStore. ReStore proceeds help support our building programs and cover administrative and fundraising costs. So donate your unwanted items and you’ll be helping to build and repair homes in the community. Click here to learn more.
Contributions of new construction materials, tools, and professional services help us keep the cost of house building as low as possible. Contact our ReStore Manager, Evelyn Richards for information about what we currently need and how to donate building materials for use in Habitat homes.
Check back soon for our Amazon Wishlist!
Land is the first step in building affordable houses, so we are always looking for buildable land in Craven and Jones Counties. If you have buildable land that you would consider donating to Habitat for Humanity of Craven County, please contact our Executive Director, Mike Williams.
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works:
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact our Executive Director, Mike Williams. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or Habitat for Humanity of Craven County as part of your estate plan.
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
If you have any questions about Bequest by Will or Trust, please contact our Executive Director, Mike Williams. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Many donors choose to make stock gifts each year. A charitable gift of stock held for more than 12 months offers a two-fold tax savings:
- Avoid paying capital-gains tax on the increase in value of your stock
- Receive a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock on the date of the gift
The fastest and easiest way to make a gift of stock is to have your broker perform an electronic transfer. You can also contact Executive Director, Mike Williams.
Finally, when you make a gift of securities, please contact us so we can acknowledge your gift in a timely and efficient manner. For more information, contact Executive Director, Mike Williams.