The dream of homeownership is achievable.
Are you looking for an opportunity to own a home in Craven or Jones County? Consider purchasing a home through Habitat for Humanity of Craven County.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Habitat for Humanity of Craven County homeowner! We believe that everyone should have a safe, affordable place to call home. At Habitat for Humanity of Craven County, we sell quality and energy-efficient homes to qualified buyers through our homeownership program.
Prospective homeowners must:
NEED FOR HOUSING:
- Living in overcrowded housing
- Living in substandard housing
- Paying more than 30% of monthly gross income on rent
- Be a first-time homebuyer (have not owned a home in the last 3 years)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and have lived or worked in Craven or Jones County for the previous year
ABILITY TO REPAY A LOAN
- Have stable, verifiable income that falls between 30-80% of HUD Area Median Income.
- No pending judgements or bankruptcy
- Reasonable credit history
- No minimum score required
WILLINGNESS TO PARTNER
- Willing to perform a minimum of 300 sweat equity hours
- Have lived and/or worked in Craven County for the past 12 months
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident
- Attend a virtual homebuyer informational session to learn about full program requirements. Next meeting is to be announced! Check our website for updates!
- Complete Application and turn in supporting documents along with $15.00 per applicant payment to pull credit report
- Habitat for Humanity of Craven County verifies your income and pulls a credit report. If income and credit meet our requirements, you will be invited to participate in Step 4.
- Home Visit- Home visit is done in order to understand applicant’s need for housing, answer any questions, and share more information about the program.
- Qualified applicants are nominated to the Board of Directors for final approval
- Approved applicants are invited to begin the path toward homeownership!